TREATING BACK RELATED HEALTH CONDITIONS
Effective cure for back related health conditions
Sciatica pain – pain in hip & outer side of leg
Strain – injury by over exertion
Lower back or lumbar pain
Herniated disk – pain in spine due to tear in disc
Arthritis in back – painful stiffness & inflammation
Spinal stenosis – spinal degeneration
Psychological symptoms that could lead to chronic back pain conditions are as follows :
Fear of failure
Lack of self expression
- To strengthen the weak muscles with particular focus on the Pelvic floor, Gluteus Medius, Gluteus Maximus, Piriformis, Sartorius, Gracilis and Teres Minor muscle group
- Increase blood circulation in the pelvic region and spinal column
- Eliminate toxic salts naturally
- Increase flexibility, strength and mobility
- Improve mental clarity and focus
- Strengthen bladder and kidney meridians
- Integrating natural methods like certified acupressure, pulse point balancing and magnets, among others.
- Use of freshly prepared herbal potalis infused with rice grains, herbs, and milk for rejuvenation
- Whole-body and head treatment employing effective techniques like marma point massage, spinal flush, kneading, palm pressure etc.
There are mainly five types of treatment sessions in the Chronic Cure Program. Some of these sessions are conducted daily, while others are included as and when needed.
1. Complete Health Check
This is the first step in the program. This is a comprehensive 90-minute Complete Health Check and Consultation by an experienced and certified Ayurvedic Doctor. (You are encouraged to bring along your x-rays and other medical and blood reports.) Based on the diagnosis and findings in this session, a detailed and personalized treatment plan is suggested.
2. 120 minutes Marma Basti Sessions
Marma refers to a sensitive part of the body. In Ayurveda, it is a point in the human body that’s located at the intersections of veins, muscles, joints, bones, ligaments or tendons. Basti refers to a “container” that can hold warm therapeutic oil infused with healing herbs. In Basti therapy generous quantity of oil is poured and collected over important joints or areas of the body, namely the Lower back(Kati Basti), Neck (Greeva Basti), Chest, Knees (Janu Basti) and Lower abdomen (Udara Basti). This oil is held by a “wall’ made from special herbal powders. Warm oil is usually placed for 30-40 minutes.
Bastis are unparalleled therapies for alleviating painful, degenerative health conditions. The oils and herbs used for various bastis are personalised.
At AYU Center, Basti treatments are combined with head and body treatment. Around 250 ml warm oil infused with rich herbs is used in combination with special fresh rice and milk bundles to bring forth a deeply rejuvenate response from the body’s nervous system. Techniques, treatment rhythm and applied pressure are all personalised to meet your health needs.
Benefits include :
• Relieving pain and stiffness
• Relieving swelling and inflammation in the bones and soft tissues
• Strengthening the muscles concerned
• Enhancing blood supply to the area where the basti is applied.
3. 30 minutes Nadi Chikitsa or Advanced Energy Balance Sessions by Dr Rajeev Marwah
Energy balance is based on an ancient healing system. Our body’s surface has energy points and corresponding energy lines or meridians. These 14 major lines contain a colourless, free-flowing, non-cellular fluid that conveys electrical energy throughout the body. Modern science has mapped these circuits through advanced technology to track them thermally, electronically and radioactively. Thus our body carries both positive and negative electromagnetic circuits also called body polarity. Energy balancing is done by tracing the body’s meridians in their natural direction or backwards, depending on whether that meridian needs to be stimulated or sedated to readjust to its state of natural balance. Pulse point balancing is used to realign major energy centres in the body. Each energy centre has vital pulse points associated with it that work in rhythmic unison with one another. The specialist holds these points lightly until they are synchronized or in a state of balance.
Benefits are :
- Physical and emotional balance of the body
- Relaxes muscles in the body
- Greatly improves energy flow in the body
- Enhanced Immunity, Digestion, Sleep quality, Breathing
4. 60-minute Nutrition and Life Coaching Sessions conducted by an experienced and Certified Doctor of Holistic Medicine.
5. Detox Procedure (Panchakarma) – This includes a special nutrition regimen as well as the preparation of fresh juices to aid in the detoxification process. The main objective is to cleanse the body channels of ama (toxins) so that the nutrient plasma can flow properly. This is called “Sroto Shodhan”. Through proper preparation and administration, toxic salts, cholesterol, cysts, stones, pigments, fibre, pesticide residue and cellulite can be eliminated from the body. These toxic materials can get deeply lodged in the small intestines, large intestines, gallbladder, liver, kidney and skin, over years of wrong eating habits and hectic lifestyle. Benefits include:
- Improved digestion and metabolism
- Enhanced energy level.
- Improved flexibility in the neck, knees and lower back.
- Reduced swelling and puffiness in the body
- Improved emotional well-being
We are happy to assist you in finding the right accommodation of your choice near our Center when you enrol in any AYU Wellness Program