There are five types of treatment sessions in AYU Wellness Programs. Depending on your health condition, the specialist may incorporate some or all of these sessions in your personalised program.
1. Complete Health Check
Complete Health Check is the first step in the program. It is a comprehensive 90-minute Specialised Consultation by an experienced and certified Ayurvedic Doctor. (You are encouraged to bring your x-rays and other medical and blood reports.) A detailed and personalised treatment plan is created based on the diagnosis and findings in this session.
2. 120 minutes Marma Basti Sessions
Marma refers to a sensitive part of the body. In Ayurveda, it is a point in the human body located at the intersections of veins, muscles, joints, bones, ligaments or tendons. Basti refers to a “container” that can hold warm therapeutic oil infused with healing herbs. In Basti therapy generous quantity of oil is poured and collected for 30 minutes over important joints or areas of the body, namely the Lower back(Kati Basti), Neck (Greeva Basti), Chest, and Knees (Janu Basti) and Lower abdomen (Udara Basti).
Bastis are unparalleled therapies for alleviating painful, degenerative health conditions. The oils and herbs used for various bastis are personalised.
At AYU Center, Basti treatments include head and body treatment. Around 250 ml of warm oil infused with rich herbs is combined with special fresh rice and milk bundles to elicit a deeply rejuvenated response from the body’s nervous system. Techniques, treatment rhythm and applied pressure are all personalised to meet your health needs.
Benefits include :
• Relieving pain and stiffness
• Relieving swelling and inflammation in the bones and soft tissues
• Strengthening the muscles concerned
• Enhancing blood supply to the area where the basti is applied.
3. 30 minutes Nadi Chikitsa or Advanced Energy Balance Sessions by Dr Rajeev Marwah
Energy balance is an ancient healing system. Our body’s surface has energy points and corresponding energy lines or meridians. These 14 significant lines contain a colourless, free-flowing, non-cellular fluid that conveys electrical energy throughout the body. Modern science has mapped these circuits through advanced technology to track them thermally, electronically and radioactively. Thus our body carries both positive and negative electromagnetic circuits, also called body polarity. Energy balancing is done by tracing the body’s meridians in their natural direction or backwards, depending on whether that meridian needs to be stimulated or sedated to readjust to its state of natural balance. The pulse point balancing technique realigns significant energy centres in the body. Each energy centre has vital pulse points that work in rhythmic unison. The specialist holds these points lightly until they are synchronised or in balance.
Benefits are :
- Physical and emotional balance of the body
- Relaxes muscles in the body
- It dramatically improves energy flow in the body
- Enhanced Immunity, Digestion, Sleep quality, Breathing
4. 60-minute Nutrition and Life Coaching Sessions conducted by an experienced and Certified Doctor of Holistic Medicine.
5. Detox Procedure (Panchakarma) – This includes a unique nutrition regimen and the preparation of fresh juices to aid in the detoxification process. The main objective is to cleanse the body’s channels of ama (toxins) so that the nutrient plasma can flow properly. “Sroto Shodhan” method helps eliminate toxic salts, cholesterol, cysts, stones, pigments, fibre, pesticide residue, and cellulite from the body through proper preparation and administration. These toxic materials can get deeply lodged in the small intestines, large intestines, gallbladder, liver, kidney and skin over years of bad eating habits and hectic lifestyles. Benefits include:
- Improved digestion and metabolism
- Enhanced energy level.
- Improved flexibility in the neck, knees and lower back.
- Reduced swelling and puffiness in the body
- Improved emotional well-being